Since we have no official release of the JEDI Version Control System, we first will finish the migration from FreeVCS.
Our roadmap will list only the most currently planned improvements and bugfixes.
For a list of all details please visit the tasklist on our sourceforge project
There are no hard deadlines and they are subjects to change, don't
expect serious answers for questions like 'When will the version x.x be
Please remember: everyone who is active on this project spends his free
time and it's possible that one
likes to change his personal priorities. This circumstance should not
hold you back from suggesting features, contributions, or commenting.
- complete the migration step from FreeVCS to JEDI VCS.
- keep full backward compatibility to FreeVCS, for example allow
connection to a FreeVCS server with the JEDI VCS Gui/Ide client.
- Release the new console client for better support of automatic tasks.
- Firebird 1.5:
Provide support for Firebird 1.5 which actually can not be used as
DB backend with the FreeVCS Interbase server port.
Many thanks to
Serg Vostrikov from Devrace
for his contribution of the FiB+ componentset.
Switch the DBISAM server port from DBISAM 2.x to DBISAM 3.x.
thanks to to Tim Young from Elevate Software
for his contribution of the DBISAM 3.x license.
- FlashFiler: Switch FlashFiler server port to newest Open Source version 2.13.
- MySQL: MySQL server will be supported as DBMS backend.
- Implementation of a projecttreeview on the main form for faster switching between projects.
- change online help format from hlp to chm.
- Support for D6/D7 IDE integration.
- Bugfixes and performance improvements.
Unplanned (not before Version 3.x)
- Implementation of Branching & Merging functionality.
- Enhancements for encryption & compression.
- better support for case sensitive OS.
- Localized versions of the GUI clients.
- Linux server daemon.
- Possibility for multiple logins, better session management.
- Abstraction of VCS Interface to allow use in IDE's different from Delphi/BCB.
- Multithreaded server ports.
- Better and faster projecthistory.
- Improvements in ToDo-/Buglist.
- Enhancements in reporting.
- Main form with dockable views.